INTERPOL’s Internship Programme
About the Internship Programme
INTERPOL’s Internship Programme welcomes candidates from any of our 190 member countries.
The Programme attracts young talent to the Organization and provides them with:
- A better understanding of the Organization’s goals and objectives and how international police cooperation is organized;
- An insight into how an international organization operates;
- A framework to enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments, thereby developing skills which are useful for their career and future employment;
- Experience of working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary and multi-ethnic environment, contributing to the development of mutual understanding, trust and tolerance.
At the same time INTERPOL also benefits from the Programme by having:
- The input of qualified persons whose background enables them to give a fresh point of view and up-to-date academic knowledge;
- Support for the completion of specific projects.
All applicants must:
- Be a national of a member country;
- Have attained the legal age of majority in their country of nationality;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be enrolled in, or have graduated from, an accredited academic institution within the past six months on the date of submission of the application.
Having a good knowledge of any of the other official working languages regularly used in the duty station where the Internship will take place (French, Spanish or Arabic) will be considered an advantage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where would the internship be based?
The majority of INTERPOL’s internship opportunities are based in the General Secretariat in Lyon, France. Other opportunities may arise in any of the other duty stations where the Organization has a presence: the INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation in Singapore as well as the Regional Bureaus and Liaison Offices.
Applicants are welcome to indicate their preferred area of activity in their application, taking into account the duty station(s) where they normally take place. Internships may be offered in any of the above-mentioned locations, depending on the needs of the Organization and candidates’ profiles.
How are interns placed within the Organization?
To facilitate placement, applicants should indicate three areas of activity within the Organization in order of preference.