Marketing Assistant Intern in Media_Transitions online_Prague
Schedule: 20-40 hours/week (negotiable)
Transitions Online (www.tol.org) is an Internet magazine that covers political, social, cultural, and economic issues in the former communist countries of Europe and Central Asia.
This internship provides an introduction to business and marketing practices at an international publisher and training institution, as well as insights into social business and social entrepreneurship.
We require a minimum of 100 hours at TOL’s office in Prague for semester-long interns, and a full-time commitment for a minimum of six weeks for summer interns.
Internship responsibilities include:
- Assisting with sales and marketing of training courses and Transitions Online magazine, as well as other products such as e-books and special reports;
- Designing sales campaigns for magazine and training courses;
- Developing marketing materials and other media content for marketing needs;
- Executing sales and marketing campaigns (both via personal contact and creating/distributing promotional material), including through social media;
- Updating sales records and customer databases;
- Analyzing campaigns;
- Processing sales orders;
- Liaising with both potential and existing customers;
- Researching for new clients (creating and updating lists).
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good affinity with graphic software including Adobe Photoshop and Indesign;
- Advanced English proficiency;
- Ability to demonstrate good knowledge of social media platforms.
Previous experience in a business/marketing position is an advantage but not a requirement.
- This internship is unpaid. All costs related to travel, accommodation, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- The interns are responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- An internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with Transitions. However, the interns can use their supervisors and colleagues as references when applying for jobs.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter (no longer than one page) outlining why you are interested in joining our team to email@example.com. Include in the subject line the vacancy title as above.