Accounting Associate in Slovakia
Accounting Associate (Erasmus+ internship in Finance/Accounting)
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Start: July 2017
Duration: 5 months minimum
Working language: English
This internship is a part of the Placement Slovakia program. All applying candidates have to be confirmed to receive an Erasmus+ learning agreement by their education institution covering the whole internship period.
Company profile: This internship is in a Slovak Slovak branch of a global company, leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer. It is a prestigious company with over 10 000 employees worldwide, with modern offices in a Bratislava city center.
– Assisting with the accounting for and contribute to the production of monthly/quarterly/annual accounts for assigned entities and branches
– Assisting with payroll, compensation and related benefits accounting and associated balance sheet entries and reconciliations where appropriate
– Accounting for accruals and prepayments for the respective entities
– Handle, or control, balance sheet reconciliation processes where not controlled by other Finance team
– Assisting with the preparation of VAT / equivalent reporting for VAT / equivalent managers (including reconciliations)
– Assisting with the preparation of reporting for the various jurisdictions served by Finance
– Assisting with the processing of end to end intercompany recharges and related activity, i.e. accounting for intercompany recharges in and recharges out and International Assignee accounting / processes in conjunction with the Intragroup Service Model team. All associated reconciliations – Transactional level reporting to the business as required from time to time
– Assisting in policy setting and process improvement identification and implementation
– University degree or student in the area of finance, accounting, economics or similar
– Relevant experience as a Financial accountant or similar is welocme
– Very good comprehension of MS Office (Excel – Pivot Tables, Word and PowerPoint)
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Experience in SAP or Oracle is an advantage
– Fluent English written and spoken
– Adherence to deadlines and ability to work on own initiative a must
Knowledge and skills the trainee can learn during the internship:
The trainee will gain the knowledge of accounting in international environment, will learn how to cooperate in the team, work with internal systems.
-Free accommodation provided,
– Standard support by our team.
Interested and qualifying candidates shall send their CVs at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com